Terms & Conditions: ARETHA
Ticketing Terms and Conditions for ARETHA
ARETHA (“Event”) is presented by the City of Joondalup (ABN 64 245 472 416) of 90 Boas Avenue, Joondalup WA 6027 (“City”).
These Terms and Conditions apply to the purchase of all tickets whether purchased online from Ticketbooth or purchased from a City Customer Service Centre and cover both purchase and entry to the Venue. The City may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time and you agree to be bound by any changes.
Terms and Conditions of tickets purchased from Ticketbooth are available on their website.
By purchasing tickets, Ticketholders accept and agree to the following conditions:
Ticketbooth ticket purchases
- When purchasing your tickets, you are required to supply a working email address so an order confirmation and e-ticket for entry into the Event can be emailed to you, following the completion of your payment transaction(s). If this email is not received, you should check your junk/spam folder or contact Ticketbooth.
- An accessible seating area will be available at the Event for Customers with a valid ACROD permit and up to one additional person/carer and these tickets can be purchased from Ticketbooth. Please contact Ticketbooth support via email@example.com for a reservation code to complete the purchase online. Please note that an ACROD permit ticketholder may be required to present the ACROD permit to gate staff upon entry into the Event.
- Lost tickets can be re-issued by contacting Ticketbooth via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the tickets purchased are gifted, the recipient is bound by Ticketbooth’s and the City’s Terms and Conditions.
- Any questions relating to tickets purchased via Ticketbooth must be directed to Ticketbooth.
City of Joondalup ticket purchases
- This Event is licensed. Any minor’s (under 18) must be accompanied by an adult and purchase a valid ticket to gain entry to the Event.
- Customers who require assistance to purchase tickets can visit the City of Joondalup Customer Service Centre during business hours. The City’s Customer Service Centre is located at the Joondalup Administration Building, 90 Boas Avenue, Joondalup – Opening hours: Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm.
- The City can only assist with tickets purchased from the City.
- The City recognises and accepts the Companion Card fair ticketing scheme. Customers with a valid Companion Card are eligible to receive a second, complimentary ticket to the Event for a carer or companion (subject to availability). Customers that require a Companion Card ticket must contact the City of Joondalup or Ticketbooth support via email@example.com for a reservation code to complete their purchase online.
- If requested, the Companion Card ticketholder must present the Companion Card to gate staff upon entry into the Event.
- Tickets may not, without City of Joondalup’s written consent, be on-sold at a premium, offered as a prize or inducement, packaged or otherwise used for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes. City of Joondalup reserves the right to refuse admission to the bearer of any ticket sold or otherwise provided or distributed in breach of this condition.
General ticketing terms
- Tickets are available to the Event from Thursday 30 November, 9.00am – 7.00pm on the respective concert date, unless sold out prior.
- Tickets should only be purchased through Ticketbooth or the City of Joondalup Customer Service Centre (90 Boas Avenue, Joondalup). The City will not be held liable in the Event an unofficial ticket is purchased through an unauthorised ticketing outlet. The City has the right to refuse entry into the Event and to cancel any tickets that have been re-sold or unofficially distributed at their discretion without refund.
- If you have purchased a ticket and can no longer attend the Event, you can pass on your ticket or sell it to a friend in accordance with reselling laws. You will be liable for all refunds in the Event of a cancellation. If there is a change to the Event you will be responsible for passing this information onto the ticket holder.
Refunds and Exchanges
- The City reserves the right to vary, substitute or withdraw advertised artists, venue, and seating arrangements as necessary. The City will use reasonable endeavours to communicate any such variations, substitutions or withdrawals to ticket holders via email and advertised through social media. Any such change will not entitle a ticket holder to a refund.
- A change in personal circumstances or a change of mind does not entitle the ticket holder to a refund.
- Dislike or dissatisfaction of the Event does not entitle a ticketholder to a refund.
- An offer of a refund in extenuating circumstances must be approved by a City of Joondalup staff member, prior to the refund being issued by Ticketbooth.
COVID-19 or communicable diseases
- All persons attending the Event must comply with any Public Health declarations which have been published by the WA Government at the time of the Event.
- Ticketholders who do not comply with the relevant Public Health directions will not be able to attend the Event and will not be entitled to claim a refund.
- If a ticketholder tests positive to Covid-19 prior to the Event, that person will be entitled to apply for a refund, upon provision of satisfactory documentation verifying the positive test, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the booking reference.
- The Event shall proceed regardless of weather conditions unless the City determines otherwise in its sole discretion.
- Should the Event be cancelled, rescheduling is not guaranteed. In the Event of a rescheduled performance, tickets will remain valid. If the Event is cancelled all ticketholders are eligible for a refund and details of the refund process will be communicated via Ticketbooth and the City’s website and social media platforms.
- In the event of a cancellation, the City will undertake reasonable measures to contact ticketholders as soon as possible.
- The City collects ticketholder personal information in case of an Event cancellation or change. If you fail to supply adequate and correct contact information, the City is not responsible for failure to notify you of any cancellation or change.
- In the event of a cancellation, if a ticketholder has not supplied contact details when making the purchase, they must contact the City via email@example.com and provide proof of purchase.
- This show runs for 2 hours and 50 minutes, including a 30-minute interval. Event duration is a guide only and may be subject to change.
- Only valid ticket holders will be granted admission into the Venue. Ticketholders may present a Ticketbooth e-ticket in hardcopy or via an electronic device for scanning to gain entry to the Venue.
- Ticketholders must present a valid driver’s license, passport or proof of age card to gain access to the Event if requested. As a licensed Event, ticketholders under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- All reserved seating tickets include a dedicated seat. Seating provided in all areas are standard high back chairs.
- An accessible seating area will be available at the Event for ticketholders with a valid ACROD permit and up to one additional person/carer.). Access to this area is provided on a first come, first served basis until the area is at capacity.
- Edith Cowan University is a smoke free campus. Smoking is not permitted in the venue.
- In attending the Event, you grant City of Joondalup permission to film or photograph you, and to reproduce that film or photograph in any audio, video or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction in any medium or context without further authorisation by, or compensation to you.
- No unauthorised professional audio, video or photographic recordings of the artists’ performance are permitted.
- Ticketholders must remain inside the marked areas of the Venue at all times and follow instructions from Event staff and/or security staff.
- BYO alcohol is not permitted. The Event is a licensed Event and alcoholic drinks and food will be available for purchase..
- The following items are not permitted into the Venue and will be confiscated by Event staff and/or security staff:
- Picnic Blankets
- Eskies or large bags
- Glass bottles
- Metal cutlery
- Wine spikes
- Banana lounges
- Sun shelters
- Prams or carts
- Animals (except for assistance animals)
- Dangerous items (e.g. weapons, fireworks, laser pointers)
- Professional audio and video recording devices
- The City reserves the right to check bags for prohibited items for safety and security purposes.
- The City does not guarantee that all ticketholders will have a full and unimpeded view of the performance.
- The right to refuse entry or to evict a consumer is reserved by venue management as provided in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice, and each of Edith Cowan University’s and the City of Joondalup’s reasonable risk and liability requirements . Ticketholders refused entry or evicted from the Venue will not be entitled to receive a refund.
- If you do not agree with the foregoing, please do not enter the Event site.
Transportation and parking
- Onsite parking is available in the adjacent car parks within the Edith Cowan University Campus including parking for ACROD permit holders.
- A dedicated drop off and pick up point will be available at the Event site. Further information will be provided closer to the Event date.
Acceptance of Terms & Conditions
- By purchasing a ticket, you acknowledge, agree and accept Ticketbooth’s and the City’s Terms and Conditions in your personal capacity, the capacity of any person in which tickets are intended for and on behalf of any accompanying minor.
This information is available in alternative formats and languages upon request.