A love letter to the Queen of Soul
ARETHA is a powerful memoir, live on stage, celebrating the life and music of one of the greatest voices in history – the iconic Aretha Franklin.
Journey through the highs and lows of Aretha Franklin’s tumultuous life, narrated by the multi-talented actor/director Jada Alberts, with outstanding Australian vocalists Emma Donovan, Thandi Phoenix, Thndo, Mahalia Barnes and Karen Lee Andrews paying their respect to the global star’s innumerable hits with jaw-dropping renditions of their own.
Previously performed to sellout crowds at Sydney Opera House and Arts Centre Melbourne, ARETHA is more than a concert – it’s a celebration of an icon, a performance of equality, and a unique showcase of Australian talent.
Do not miss your chance to hear ‘Respect’, ‘I Say a Little Prayer’, ‘Think’ and more like you never have before, in an intimate pop-up venue below the dramatic spiked entry statement of ECU Joondalup.
“A superb eight-piece band and five impressive singers, this is a memorable memoir and fitting tribute to a woman who was a brilliant performer and trailblazer.” – Arts Hub
“Had the entire audience on their feet” – Arts Hub
“[The Sydney Opera House Concert Hall] swayed and swooned with gospel like adulation” – Stage Whispers
KEY EVENT INFO
- ARETHA is ticketed event. Tickets range from $59 – $77 depending on your seat selection.
- The event will be staged in a special pop-up venue, in the open-air forecourt of the ECU Chancellery Building on the corner of Grand Boulevard and Kendrew Crescent in Joondalup CBD.
- The concert has allocated seating, so we ask that you please stick to the seat number noted on your ticket. The only unallocated seating area is the Grandstand. Please speak to event staff if you need help finding where to go.
- There will be a range of food trucks selling food and hot and cold beverages and alcoholic drinks onsite.
- ARETHA is a licensed event and no BYO alcohol is allowed to be brought in. If requested, ticketholders must present a valid form of ID on entry or if making a purchase at the bar. Ticketholders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Parking is available on the ECU campus, with the nearest concert parking found off Kendrew Crescent.
- Catching public transport to ARETHA is encouraged, with the concert site only a 10 minute stroll from Joondalup Train Station. You can plan your journey using the Transperth Journey Planner.